Last Updated: November 8th, 2019
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Random Salad Games LLC
1700 7th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
To comply with our obligations under EU data protection legistlation, we have appointed a Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Office is contactable at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided above.
The data (“Personal Data”) we collect may include, but is not limited to: email addresses, device IDs, IP-addresses, user names, passwords, and in-game usage information. The Company may supplement your data with data received from third parties in connection with demographic, advertisement, market and other analytics surveys or services.
Situations when your personal data may be collected by a Service include but are not limited to:
- Using The Company’s mobile or desktop apps or visiting our websites.
- Registration for accounts within Services, contests and special events.
- Accessing Services using a third party ID, such as social networking sites or gaming services.
- Subscribing to newsletters.
- Purchasing a product or service within an app or other Service.
- Requesting technical support through our website or directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or any other email sent to an employee or member of The Company.
- Otherwise through use of The Company Services where personal data is required for use and/or participation.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The Company, or one of its third party service providers on behalf of The Company, may collect and/or process your Personal Data because:
- It needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given it, or one of its third party service providers, consent in compliance with applicable laws to do so
- The processing is in its legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights or freedoms
- To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom, you have certain data protection rights. The Company aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data The Company holds about you and if you want it to be removed from its systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to The Company’s processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that The Company restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information The Company has on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Company relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that The Company may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about The Company’s collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom.
Data Retention and Security
Please note that some data may be further retained if necessary to resolve disputes, assist in financial and legal audits, enforce The Company user agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements related to the security, integrity, and operation of Services.
The Company follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information in The Company’s possession.
The Company may employ third party ad serving technologies that use certain methods to collect additional information. The Company reserves the right to use and disclose the collected, non-personal data for purposes of advertising by The Company or The Company’s partners and contractors.
The Company or third parties operating the ad serving technology may use demographic and geo-location information as well as information logged from your hardware or device to ensure that relevant advertising is presented within the Service. The Company or third parties may collect and use data for such purposes, including but not limited to data such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, device IDs, names of installed software, hardware make and model, Operating System information, display and language device settings, browser information, unique identifiers in browser cookies, Flash cookies, HTML5 local storage, Internet and online usage information, and in-app usage information.
Any concerns about the content of an in-game advertisement can be reported to us by emailing email@example.com. We will take reasonable measures to make relevant third party advertisers aware of your concerns but cannot make any claims or promises about the removal of reported advertisements.
Third Party Terms and Conditions
The Company may use third parties to collect and process personal data on The Company’s behalf and in according to The Company’s instructions. The Company is not liable for the acts and omissions of these third parties, except as provided by mandatory law.
Please note that your access to and use of the Services may be subject to certain third party terms and conditions and The Company is not liable for any such third parties’ use of your personal data.
Certain Services that The Company may offer, including but not limited to multiplayer gaming, social networking, and high score record keeping may use third party services to provide authentication for the Services. In connection with such use, certain personally identifiable user and/or membership data may be transferred automatically to and from The Company.
The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years of age nor are our Services explicitly targeted towards children under 18 years of age. If The Company learns that The Company has inadvertently gathered personal data from children under 18 years of age, The Company will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such personal data from The Company’s records.
The Company understands the need to provide extra privacy protections to children. To that end, features and services such as targeted advertising, social networking plug-ins, and collection of data for the purpose of creating user profiles are not available to users under 18. The Company also does not allow our third party partners who engage in such practices to access personally identifiable data from users under 18.
The Company and its partners do collect non-personally identifiable data from all users, including children. This includes, for example, collection of IP-based geolocation data to ensure that the product, service or features served comply with applicable laws of that nation and utilize the proper local language.